Thursday, September 10, 2015

Where's the Beef?

   I haven't eaten any meat today.  It's 5pm, and I may eat a small amount of meat for dinner... but maybe not.  That's a normal day for me.  For most Indonesians, there is lots of rice, beans, vegetables and soy-based products (tofu and tempe) in their diet, but not a lot of meat.

   I just read a short article about how Indonesia is among the lowest consumers of meat per capita in the world.  Far less than America or Australia.

   There are lots of factors, economic and religious being some of the biggest.  You can read the article by clicking here.

   This chart shows the correlation between meat consumption and personal income in various countries.


On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...