Tuesday, June 09, 2015

CoC

   This is a post about the police, government funding, Clash of Clans, and boredom...

   The police in Indonesia have it hard in some ways.  Sometimes they get assigned to a post and are not given enough money to buy gas to go out on patrol.  It can get kind of boring, especially if you are at a particularly quiet location.

   I was walking down the street towards the US Consulate the other day, and I passed by a police post which fits the boring, quiet description discussed earlier very well.  As I was getting cleared to enter the Consulate, I noticed that the two police officers were passing the time with a lively game of Clash of Clans.  So while their goal is to serve and protect, when those first two options are unavailable, they'll squeeze in a round of CoC.

   Speaking of CoC... it is quite possibly the most popular app in Denpasar right now.  I see people, of all age groups, ethnic backgrounds, and economic status playing it all the time.  In Indonesian, it should be pronounced Chay-Oh-Chay, but instead people pronounce it the English way, See-Oh-See.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...