Thursday, May 24, 2012

So cold...


  16˚ Celsius = 60.8˚ Fahrenheit
I was coming home tonight from the mountains (about 3600 feet above sea level) in central Bali, and I was absolutely freezing.  I had on socks (which is very rare here) and a big jacket, but it was still so cold.  I got home, took a hot shower and wrapped up in blankets, all the while making a really big deal about how cold it was up in those mountains.  I was going about 50 mph on the bike, and I was sure that factoring in all the variables that the wind chill factor would be in the 30s.  
So I was a bit disappointed (and mildly embarrassed) when I worked it all out and found that the wind chill factor was a whopping 54 degrees Fahrenheit.  So either my body has adjusted really well to the warm temperatures in our city (about 140 feet above sea level) or I am just a real big sissy... no comments please.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...