Saturday, October 08, 2011

Ratatouille

I recently stopped into a local warung on the way back from a visit to one of Access Life Bali's water projects.  Warungs are little side of the road shops that sell any number of things.  Some have just drinks and snacks while others sell really good rice and noodle dishes.  The quality and standard of hygiene also greatly varies from warung to warung.

During lunch, I was having a conversation with several guys when I noticed something scurrying along the ridge of the walls.  It was a medium sized rat that was heading towards the offering tray (circled in red in the photo).  He kept on heading back and forth between the offering tray and the food preparation area during the meal.  Coincidentally, the food tasted less and less appetizing the more I watched the rat scurry around.

I tried to take a picture without everyone knowing I was taking a picture, so I don't think the rat is actually in there.  Although that might be his tail sticking out...  (click to zoom)

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...