I've been slowly learning some of the Balinese language. It's quite difficult considering the language changes from one area to another. Some people will tell me that the words I'm using are too "high" of a language level, while others will tell me that those same words are too "rough". It's confusing...
While driving Jaiden to school one morning, I was reciting some new Balinese words out loud. Jaiden responded to what I was saying and understood the Balinese. Apparently, during her budaya Bali (Balinese culture) classes at school, she has been picking up some Balinese too. I started asking her some other stuff, and she was understanding a good portion of it.
Getting bested by your 7 year old daughter in pronunciation and proper Indonesian accent is a humbling process. Looks like I will have to also prepare my heart to get bypassed in Balinese as well...
(This is a picture from Jaiden's school assembly. Her class is singing a song in Balinese.)
