Monday, February 07, 2011

Not so super



I was really hoping to catch the Super Bowl this year. Being in the States for all of the college football season and most of the NFL regular season renewed my interest in all things football. I was looking forward to seeing the Packers drop the Steelers like a sack of potatoes...

However, the reality of life here in Bali is that no one cares about "American football". None of my Balinese friends have ever seen a game, and our Australian coworkers refer to "American football" as Gridiron and think that it's similar to rugby.

Football in this part of the world is either a game played with a round ball by guys like Ronaldo and Messi or a game played with an oval shaped ball by Australian guys in short shorts and tank tops. Not that there is anything wrong with soccer or AFL (I enjoy watching both of those), but they just don't quite compare to the awesomeness of 'real' football.

I still have no idea who won, and I will try to avoid all media, internet, etc in order to avoid knowing. So please don't email me the score, or tell me how great the Steelers did, etc. But if you happened to DVR the game and want to send a copy to Indonesia for me, let me know. I'd love to watch it...

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...