Monday, February 07, 2011

Changing Lanes



We have been getting a ton of rain lately. Last Thursday afternoon, a lot of roads were flooded near our house. In fact, the roads looked more like rivers. I was trying to get home on the motorbike, and the water was about 10-18 inches deep on the road.

The following day, Kristi and I made a trip up to the mountains in order to meet with a local artist. Kenan came along for the ride too. We passed by this section of road that had caved in about an hour earlier. The remaining section didn't look too stable either, so we decided to return via a different road.

I talked with some of the guys at the landslide, and they said it caved in very slowly. As motorbikes passed over it, they realized the ground was sinking and alerted the "authorities". So no one got hurt and no vehicles fell into the ravine... As I was filming this video, however, the guys there thought I was going to fall over the edge. One guy was holding onto my shirt while the other man was politely asking me to step away from the edge.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...