On the right you can see a picture of Jaiden relaxing and reading a book while wearing her motorbike helmet. Think that's strange? Here is a sampling of "normal" helmet situations here in Indonesia:
1. You are standing in line at the grocery store, chances are one of the people in that line is wearing their helmet.
2. You see some men fishing by the sea or a river, I would almost guarantee one of them is still wearing his helmet.
3. You are enjoying a nice stroll around a local soccer field. There are several couples there sitting close and acting romantic, and you guessed it, at least one of the couples are both wearing their helmets.
We used to think this kind of thing was strange when we first got here. However, now when we arrive home, Jaiden starts to play, Kristi begins straightening things up, and I sit down to the computer... and we are all still wearing our helmets. It's amazing what becomes normal after living in a place for long enough. I guess we are just identifying with the local culture...