Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Going to Carolina...

Do you see it?
   I was at the market looking for some good snacks...  We had some friends visiting, and I wanted to find something good to serve them.

   Kaelen was with me, and when she's at the market, she turns into a busy bee that will go anywhere that looks interesting or approach people that she might want to say hi to.  So I was mostly focused on keeping her close to me... and finding some snacks.

   It was a sea of Indonesian labels and words but then something stuck out in the middle of it all: gorengan, camilan, pisang goreng, ladrang, kue kering, kerupuk, CAROLINA, kacang koro, kacang tanah...

   I didn't have time to find out who made the snacks or why they named them Carolina snacks, but it was nice to be reminded of the other place we call home.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...