Thursday, February 07, 2013

Send this man a terrible towel...

Just in case you were wondering, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is 10,021 miles away from Pedawa (a little village in Bali, you can click here if you want to see it in google maps).  Lots of cloves and coffee grow in the forests of Pedawa.

I was there to buy some water and drop off some water filters for a local colleague, and then a man drives up on his motorbike sporting a Pittsburgh Steelers sweatshirt.  I was a bit surprised...

For those of you who don't know, I have five older brothers.  Three of those brothers grew up near Pittsburgh and have retained some sense of loyalty to the Steelers.  So I started to talk to this guy about his sweatshirt and told him I needed his picture as evidence to prove to my brothers that there are Steelers fans in Indonesia.  He quickly straightened up, dusted the dirt off his sweatshirt, and fixed his hair.  He was a good sport and started telling his buddies how his photo would be famous in America.

For the record, he had no idea what the Pittsburgh Steelers were, and he couldn't remember where he got the sweatshirt.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...