Thursday, April 19, 2012

Smokin'

Last week, we tried out a new little warung near our house called Pedas Abis!  I'm not sure exactly what that phrase means, but a loose translation would be something like, "Spicy as all get out!"

They have 22 different kinds of sambal (hot sauce) to choose from.  I am a big wimp when it comes to really spicy stuff, but Kristi is fearless.  Our coworker, Daniel, also has a high tolerance for extremely spicy food.

So I knew I was in trouble when they had ordered a dish of unripe mango with sambal on top and were both commenting about how spicy it was.

Always willing to accept a challenge, I tried a bite and instantly regretted it.  This sambal was probably the hottest food I have ever tasted.  It burned in every way imaginable...  a truly painful experience.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...