
On a recent trip out to a water project, I passed by at least 10 different groups of kids marching on the road. The kids are practicing marching in step for the upcoming Independence Day celebrations on August 17th. One of the better kids marches along side the group and yells and blows a whistle to keep everyone in step.
Some of the kids were really young, and my American hyper-saftety-sensitive side kicked in and I was worried for their saftety. But I'm sure they were fine... This may look like a small road to you, but it is one of the main roads that connects the north side of the island to the capital of Denpasar. Lots of big trucks and buses use it. On a side note: about 5 minutes after I snapped this picture, I stopped to help some people that had been involved in an all too common motorbike accident.