Friday, May 06, 2011

Kenan's Favorite Time of Day

Nearly every afternoon, Kenan likes to take a motorbike ride around the neighborhood. We say hi to neighbors, look at the cows and chickens, and stop at the local warung (shop) for a snack. The bike is a little 125cc Suzuki. I refuse to call it a scooter due to unspecified reasons.

There are about 150 motorbike accidents a day in Denpasar that require a visit to the emergency room, so there are probably 2 or 3 times that number which go unreported. We try to be really careful and thankfully haven't had any serious problems. We've had two small incidents in our 3 years here, one of which happened two days ago...

I was heading to the office and passing a bus. The bus decided to swerve over towards me, I braked while turning slightly to the left. All of this is fine except for the presence of a big patch of sand under me. I lost traction and had to come off the bike just a bit to keep from really taking a spill. No problems except for a sore hip...

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...