Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tsunami in Sumatra

Over 272 people have been confirmed dead because of the tsunami. Another 412 are still missing. It all happened in a remote area, which makes rescue efforts difficult.

I read a news article earlier which had this short statement from Pak Borinte from Pagai island, it's really sad...

'About 10 minutes after the quake we heard a loud, thunderous sound. We went outside and saw the wave coming. We tried to run away to higher ground but the wave was much quicker than us. Our house, which is about 50 metres from the sea, was destroyed. Most houses in the village were destroyed. My wife and three children died as they were swept away. Their bodies were found the next day,' he said. 'I'm so sorry that I couldn't save my wife and children as I panicked and didn't know what to do. I was swept away as well but I managed to survive by holding onto a wooden plank.'

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...