We're back in North Carolina. The flight went mostly well with Kenan and Jaiden getting plenty of sleep during the 30+ hour trip from Indo to NC. Within an hour of arrival, we were eating taquitos with our family at a Mexican restaurant (the NC BBQ restaurant was closed). It was really good!
We're really getting nailed by jet lag. It's tough to keep our eyes open at 2pm, and then at 2am, we are wide awake. It'll just take some time to readjust.
Lots of new things for the kids: Kenan figuring out what Cheerios are, Jaiden asking "Why are all the houses so big?" and "Why are all the cars so shiny?", getting used to cousins again, etc.
We are all really cold. I guess the weather is fairly normal here, but it feels so cold to us. Driving has also been a bit difficult for me in these first few days. I have yet to come within 5 mph of the speed limit. As I'm going 30 in a 35 or 55 in a 65, I am getting lots of weird looks as people pass me. It just feels like I'm driving so fast... Also I have found myself constantly wanting to drive in the wrong lane. So if you are driving in the High Point/Greensboro area of North Carolina and see a car driving into oncoming traffic, honk and wave to me :o)
Also lots of stuff we are really enjoying: uncrowded roads, having a clothes dryer, cool whip, Downy, Cheerwine, microwaves, Christian radio, etc.
We still feel a bit out of place here, but I think we will get used to things eventually...