Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Be Careful What you Wish For...

We can never drink the water straight out of our faucets. Just like most places in the world, the water out of the tap is simply not safe to drink.

However, recently our water issues went to a whole new level of bad. We had some really heavy rains at the end of April/beginning of May. This is unusual because rainy season is supposed to end in March or early April.

The water smelled really bad and had a brownish color to it (see below) during those 5 days of heavy rains. Then it got really, really bad and looked like mud coming out of the faucets for about a 12 hour period. Showering during this time was obviously not a good idea.

I remember when I was little wishing that we could have chocolate milk come out of our faucets instead of water. Well now that I'm older and wiser, I am pretty sure that I do not want any liquid or substance coming out of the faucets other than nice clear water.

Everything is mostly back to normal now though. The water just has a faint color and smell to it. Which is no problem...

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...