Julia Roberts is in Bali right now. Some of the filming was going on not too far from our house, but we have yet to go on any Julia sighting trips. I hope the movie (Eat, Pray, Love) is watchable, because I sure would like to see how our home looks on the big screen.
I'm no expert, but things don't always work quite as smoothly here as they might if you were shooting a movie in California or NYC. For instance: when the crew arrived at a village to begin shooting, they arrived a week early. This would really mess up a lot of important ceremonies for that village, and they all came out to block access to their village. It was a matter of principle!! Unless of course they were provided with 300 juta (300 million rupiah = $30,000 = a ton of money for an Indonesian village), then everything could work out just fine.
The word is that the village head came and sorted everything out, the right money went to the right people, and shooting got underway without any more problems.
You can read the real story by clicking here.