Wednesday, September 02, 2009

If you ever wondered where we go...

I did a lot of driving yesterday. First we drove to Tianyar to drop off some bamboo poles for the project there, and we had an interesting lunch. Then we headed down to a village right at the base of Mount Agung. It was a good day: made some new friends, enjoyed time with old friends, and had a good conversation on the way home (Note: it's really hard to get back into "speaking English" mode after I have spent the whole day speaking Indonesian).

I like maps. If you do too, you might like getting oriented with the google map below. The green marker is our house, the yellow marker is the new village we surveyed for water needs yesterday, and the blue marker is Tianyar. We have been working there for several months now.

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...