Two new friends stopped by our house in the last 24 hours. One was the biggest spider I have seen since living in Indonesia. The other was a toke, a much bigger lizard than the standard gecko (We didn't get a picture of him. The picture on the left is of the toke from our old house).
This has sparked a raging debate in our house: I am very, very afraid of spiders. Kristi is really, really grossed out by lizards. She wants the lizards out, and I want the spiders out. I made the comment that I would rather have hundreds of geckos make their home in my bedroom than even entertain the thought that a big spider is crawling around my house somewhere. Kristi instantly countered by saying she was fine with the spiders but the geckos had to go.
The problem is that the geckos eat the spiders, so if we keep on shewing out the geckos for Kristi's sake, then the bugs and spiders move in...
It doesn't look like there will be resolution anytime soon. The debate will go on.