The local meeting place in our banjar had a thing for New Year's. I went and made the rounds, but I left pretty quick while everyone was still in their right mind. Balinese Hindus don't have many rules about drinking, and a good majority drink beer and strong rice wine regularly. However, the New Year is the one time when everyone drinks a lot of alcohol. Even people that never drink, drink a lot at the New Year. So it can get a little out of hand.
I walked home on the way back. Several friends offered me a ride, but I thought that might not be the best idea.
It was late and dark, and ever since the bat flew into my helmet when I was on the motorbike, I have been a little bit jumpy when all the bats fly around my head. I made it home without any problems though.
This is Wayan and Komang Gabung in the picture...