Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another Visa Run to Kuala Lumpur


We had to leave the country in order to renew our visas. This was the only time to do it because we are about 8 weeks away from the birth of the little man and air travel for Kristi will be not allowed soon.

We really enjoy spending time in KL while waiting for our visas to be processed. Some of the things we can do here that we don't get to experience on our island in Indo: Chili's (awesome American food), chips and salsa, high speed internet, hot showers, clean water, big sidewalks, Domino's pizza, regularly speaking English, Raisin Bran for less than $10 a box, Dr. Pepper, the biggest playground we have ever seen, etc, etc...

We are ready to get back to Indo (we leave tomorrow), but it's good to have a break here every 6 months for our visa renewals.

Not everything is roses here though, just today I thwarted a pickpocketing attempt. I was getting a bit crowded on the bus by four guys that were acting a bit strange. I was just about to ignore it when I realized one of the guy's fingers was fishing around my pocket! They were quite good at distracting attention from what was actually going on. I can't explain what happened next, but I just started talking loudly to the man in Indonesian. You must remember that the national language here is Malaysian, and it is very similar to Indonesian. I thought that making a scene would be the best way to keep these four guys from trying anything else. Kristi was getting a bit nervous when she is just sitting on the bus with Jaiden, while I am loudly asking these four guys in Indonesian, "What did you take?", "Why was your hand in my pocket?", "Let me see what you have in your hands!" The awkward thing was that we all got off on the same stop, and fortunately they walked away... Good times in KL!

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...