Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Most Fun I Have Ever Had Playing Soccer





You may have remembered the soccer game I mentioned in one of our updates in the past couple months. It was still in rainy season, so it ended up being postponed several times due to heavy rain. When we finally played the game, the field was still really wet from the rains that week. About ten minutes into the game, the rain came again, which (except for many of the teens and men from our banjar) eliminated most of the fans.

The field was so wet that the game quickly turned into more of a comedy. Everyone was slipping, sliding, and getting really muddy. We spent most of the game laughing at guys that were sitting in puddles.

Our coach stuck me in middle defense, which meant I usually was all alone trying to stop the other team from scoring. I had several collisions with guys from the other team, and because I outweigh the majority of Indonesian men my age by about 20-30 pounds, many of those collisions ended up with the other guy laying on the ground. I had lots of practice saying sorry and asking for forgiveness! (Minta ma'af Pak, bagaimana keadaan bapak?)

It was a good experience and a good opportunity to meet more guys in our banjar. I look forward to doing it again...

On the Edge

     A few things about Kaelen... she is smiling and goofy and silly all the time, EXCEPT for when anyone is taking a picture.  Then she...